ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quickstart Rules Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldwall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weeble1000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Quickstart Rules Questions Reply with quote

I have been fiddling with the Quickstart rules for the past couple of evenings, and I have a few questions/observations.

Taunt

When moving a unit 4 inches, is the unit required to move according to the movement rules, or is the unit simply 'pushed' 4 inches in some direction?

In the video, the Viddar unit was pushed back, which does not seem to jive with the movement rules.

With a minimum of 3 surges per stone in the Roar phase, and a high Crash (Quickstart has 5/5 for a total crash of 10), you can do a lot of taunts. How do you find this impacts the game?

Do you see a unit being moved back and forth as one commander or the other is required to move the unit? Do you see single units pushed way out of position this way, or into odd positions like behind enemy battle lines?

Warriors/Heroes/Etc.

Is there anything in the full rules that makes more powerful models more difficult to remove as casualties? From the Quickstart rules, it seems that if I get to pick whatever engaged models I want as casualties, I would want to nail the Hero/Leader first. So even if all of my engaged models are taken out, as long as I get one casualty, I can pull the Hero.
paint monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I shouldn't post from my phone, but here goes.

The taunt move is special, so it is 4" in the direction chosen, even backwards.

The rest of your questions are based off of old data. The quickstart is over a year old at this point, and a lot of minor changes that would answer your questions were made.

questions? me too! ask away...
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, yes, you can sacrifice other figures to save the special ones in the full rules.
weeble1000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll just have to buy the rulebook then Smile.

So how have you noticed taunts impacting game-play?

I expect that in the full rules there's a lot more options when it comes to the Roar phase, so you'd consequently see less taunting.

But in any case, I am curious how you have noticed taunting impacting the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldwall All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: