ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Of models and bases...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldwall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theimp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Of models and bases... Reply with quote

Hello! I recently added some Kuld Goola to my model collection and I am considering whether to invest further into War of Ashes. Here is my conundrum though; my Goola look much better on 30mm lipped bases than the standard 20mm squares. What modificationsto the existing rules would need to be made so my basing preference doesn't cause any unintended advantage or disadvantage? I have absolutely no problem keeping the fat little puke machines just to have them, but if I can play the game I may as well. Very Happy

<edit>The question may be moot. Proxie Models sells 20mm lipped bases. Unless there's a substantially good reason to mount them on squares, I'll go that route; having my cake and eating it too!</edit>
paint monkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To play with our rules set you will need to mount them to square bases. Square bases are a big part of how the fighters move in combat that can not be accomplished with round bases.

I'm sure you can find a compromise.

questions? me too! ask away...
Black Sword

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also possible to put magnets on the bottoms of the bases and use 20mm square metal pieces for when you are playing the game. Some folks use this method to use their 40K Daemons in WHFantasy.
theimp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad. They look really nice on 25mm rounds.
theimp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished these. Since I won't be playing WoA, I opted for a more natural skin tone. I'll use them as degenerate lovecraftian horrors. Even so, I might pick up some of the other kuld models at some point. I'm also considering making some larger ones from scratch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldwall All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: