ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elvorix Outriders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldbash
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElectricPaladin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Elvorix Outriders Reply with quote

Sorry for stinking up the forums with so many annoying newb posts... but I had a question.

Is there any reason that an elite Elvorix force entirely (or almost entirely) mounted on snegils wouldn't work?

Being mounted on a Snegil is good for everyone. Double your speed? +1 Skill? +1 Toughness? Gain Trample? What's not to love. I mean... put some dartbucks on snegils and you've got a nasty horse archer that can use the Trample effect to finish off Discombobulated opponents while tagging others with those arrows... and don't forget how effective +1 Skill would be with an Arrowbuck! What about a pair of little dudes (wildbucks?) sharing a snegil?

I think it's an interesting idea, and I'm curious to read if anyone else has tried it. The actual army would definitely take some conversion, of course...
Flytrap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine in the future we may see dedicated Shieldwall banners for Elite Snegil mounted Elvorix and Vidaar warriors. In the grand scheme the models are relatively new and have only recently been released... so I'm sure there will be big plans for them in Shieldwalls future, Paladin. Josh and Anthony hopefully will shed some concrete light on this unit soon.

I know for one my armies will not be complete until I get my generals and their bodyguard mounted on these bizarrely fascinating creatures.
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't tried it yet, but I have two snegilbucks waiting to be painted.

Being mounted is certainly good, but it's also costly (often doubling the points of a model). Ultimately you have to ask yourself, I think, is it worth it?

For the cost of 1 mounted warrior, I'm generally looking at 2 regular warriors. How badly do my archers need that extra stat boost? Would I rather have two shots than one, and just use froth if necessary?

While I think the mobility might be nice on a few models, I'd be afraid that the number disadvantage to an all-mounted force would be too great.

But I haven't tried it yet, so who knows? If it interests you, throw a warband together and try them out! I'd be interested to see how they perform.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldbash All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: