ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shout out for your FLGS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paint monkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Shout out for your FLGS Reply with quote

Let us know where you shop!

We want to start getting into more stores over the next year, and knowing places that have gamers playing our games would be a great jumping off point.

So tell us where you play, anything, 40k, Malifaux, Infinity, Warmahordes, tiddly-winks.

Anywhere too! US, Europe, down under, let you gamer flag fly on the map.

questions? me too! ask away...
Stew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i can and do occasionally shop at Endgame (and I love EG),
I mostly play and shop at GameKastle, mostly because it's closer to where i live.

monday nights are best for me.

-Stew
austothehun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play SoA, 40k, TQW, and am trying to get into infinity. You can find me at Endgame.
asgelb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aero Hobbies in Santa Monica, CA!
Game Empire in Pasadena, CA
Beetledigger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mostly play Warmachine, but dabble in infinity, and warhammer 40k.
I play at Comic kingdom in Reno NV.
Ann

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play at Mythic Games in Santa Cruz, CA and also at Game Kastle in Santa Clara, CA. I occasionally will go to other games stores too, but those are further way so I don't make the drive very often.

I mostly play Warhammer 40K. I got into it not only because it seemed (and is) fun, but because of the availability of opponents, which is a big part of what keeps me playing and painting for that game. In fact, the main use I've been getting so far from my Netherworld's Edge miniatures are as proxies for artillery goblins. Mostly I play narrative and themed games. The hyper competitive aspect of 40K I see a lot of people getting into doesn't interest me as much.

I play a lot of other different miniature games, though most of those are ones that the other player or GM is supplying the figures for. Some of my favorites are Muskets & Tomahawks, Bolt Action, and various obscure historical miniature games. I also like some board games and roleplaying games.
Psyicman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a store San Bruno, CA called Heretic Games that I have been shopping at lately. They sell minis and some painting and modeling supplies. They also have play space. I would love to play some Song's of Our Ancestors there soon as I get at least one of my army's painted.
andyskinner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play at home. However, it would be fun to see your products in the local store. It is The Whiz in Westborough, MA.

http://www.whiznet.com/

andy
Coldbringer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Source Comics and Games and Fantasy Flight Gaming center are my main gaming venues that are not my house. I picked up the War of Ashes RPG at The Source and then found out about the origins as a miniatures game.

I would love to find others interested in shieldbash, no one else to play with is the main thing preventing me from pulling the trigger on some miniatures.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coldbringer wrote:
I would love to find others interested in shieldbash, no one else to play with is the main thing preventing me from pulling the trigger on some miniatures.

One thing you could do is pick up the minis you think you might want for a party and encounters in the RPG anyways, and use them as the basis for two starter forces in Shieldbash to teach the game to people in your area.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
eviljim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Crusader Twm"]
Coldbringer wrote:

One thing you could do is pick up the minis you think you might want for a party and encounters in the RPG anyways, and use them as the basis for two starter forces in Shieldbash to teach the game to people in your area.

This is exactly what I have done. I own enough War of Ashes stuff for four people to play in two two person games and enough Quar for eight people to play in four two person games. So far nobody has taken me up on my offer to play anything but I have a ton of cool stuff to paint.
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does a local store have any kind of open gaming day? If so, you could always drop in and see if anyone's interested in trying it out, or (if they have a forum/FB page or anything like that) try to get folks interested beforehand?

That's generally how I've had the best luck getting people to try smaller companies' games.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
eviljim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few guys about an hour away at another LGS that have a club night once a month. They love the SOBH system and are interested but I can't seem to find anyone at my LGS who is interested because my LGS doesn't stock it and in general if he doesn't stock it then nobody local will play it.
BartThrall

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Nemo's Comics & Games in downtown San Luis Obispo. We have a miniatures night weekly on Thursdays and some Sundays. There is an active PP Press Ganger, so Warmahordes has a pretty strong presence. Other games that are currently played a lot are Infinity, Malifaux, X-Wing and some limited 40k. Warhammer Fantasy died off when Age of Sigmar launched, but Kings of War gets some limited play as well. With so many great games out there, it's hard for anything to catch fire due to over-saturation... What I like about Netherworld's Edge is it is made to play a full game in about an hour and on a relatively small footprint (2' x2').

My buddy Greg and I picked up a starter each and the rules, etc at KublaCon this past weekend and will probably start to play this at the store within a month or so (gotta paint it all up first). The great thing is, there isn't that much to paint and I can use all of my Warhammer Fantasy scenery and make like 3 or 4 boards worth of dense terrain. Each game can fit on one 2' x 2' section of the GW Realm of Battle board!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Where We Play! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: