ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Basing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldbash
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manchu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Basing Questions Reply with quote

Why hello there. Just ordered up some Shieldbash starters and wanted to pose a few questions about basing.

First, do the figs come with bases? If so, what sort? Based on the store pics, they look like beveled 20mm squares. not sure if they are slottas or what.

Second, I see some figs use a different size - is it one different size (seemingly 40mm?) or several sizes?

Finally, anyone have experience playing Shieldbash with figs on 25mm rounds? I know this game has facing rules but would I be much mistaken for assuming the square basing is more to do with Shieldwall compatibility?

Thanks in advance!
paint monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Basing Questions Reply with quote

Manchu wrote:
Why hello there. Just ordered up some Shieldbash starters and wanted to pose a few questions about basing.

Welcome, and let's see if I can answer your questions.

Quote:
First, do the figs come with bases? If so, what sort? Based on the store pics, they look like beveled 20mm squares. not sure if they are slottas or what.

Yes they come with bases and they are mostly 20mm slotted square bases.

Quote:
Second, I see some figs use a different size - is it one different size (seemingly 40mm?) or several sizes?

For now it is just 20's and 40's

Quote:
Finally, anyone have experience playing Shieldbash with figs on 25mm rounds? I know this game has facing rules but would I be much mistaken for assuming the square basing is more to do with Shieldwall compatibility?

Thanks in advance!

It is mostly for compatibility reasons. We do have a little bit about facing in Bash, mostly for multiple combatants. Rounds would probably work fine as long as you addressed those issues ahead of time with your opponent.

Hope that helps!

questions? me too! ask away...
Manchu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kindly for the quick responses!

Must say, I like the look of the square bases - it's just the bevel/slotta elements that might get jettisoned. Saw someone's pics using what looked like 3MM MDF and that seems right for my guys. Are the figs standing on integrated bases or "balance beams" meant to slot into the bases they come with?
paint monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integral bases.

questions? me too! ask away...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldbash All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: