ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to show off some Quar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tol Morn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Time to show off some Quar Reply with quote

When the Quar rolled out I was instantly taken with them and ordered the Crusader Light Infantry Company. These guys saw assorted action playing Fast and Dirty, Bolter Action, and my own rules, Status Red Chicken. But not This Quar's War, and not here where the Zombiesmith fans can see them. As an official Zombiesmith fanboy (I want all their stuff!), it's time to rectify that.

The Crusaders are painted up in a horizon blue French WWI sort of scheme.

IMG_8002 by liquorchikken, on Flickr

The Royalists, which I finally got and painted up, are in a field gray, vaguely Prussian scheme, with red facings and gold trim on their black helmets.

IMG_8004 by liquorchikken, on Flickr

Yes, they got some action in This Quar's War, playing a section a side in the opening scenario. The Crusaders got a win for Alykinder, but it was bloody. A few pictures here and I may work in a semi-coherent battle report on the other board if I get a chance. I like TQW. Order arrows make me feel like I'm commanding the troops, preselecting fire points make me think about where to direct fire and occasionally caused some opportunities to get missed, and I had a good time with the solo game. Red skulls are kills, yellow chickens are suppression, orange chickens are prone, and the other markers are the fire points or the activation markers--I use wooden chips instead of cards. Enjoy.

IMG_8019 by liquorchikken, on Flickr

IMG_8038 by liquorchikken, on Flickr

IMG_8049 by liquorchikken, on Flickr

IMG_8043 by liquorchikken, on Flickr
andyskinner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, thanks for sharing!
andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Quar Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: