ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quar tractors in What a Tanker!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyskinner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Quar tractors in What a Tanker! Reply with quote

I'm one of those who have used Chain of Command for Quar.
I just got What a Tanker! for Christmas. So time to stat up some tractors.

I need Armor, Strike, and Features. Strike is number of dice to roll when attacking tanks. (This game ignores HE and machine gun armaments. Just tank vs tank.) Armor is number of dice to roll when defending. You compare number of successes.

To calibrate, for those who know more WW2 than I do, an M3 Stuart has Armor 4, Strike 4, and is Fast. An M4 Sherman 75mm Armor 6, Strike 6. Sherman M4A3E2 is Armor 9, Strike 8, Heavy Armor. A Panzer II D-E is Armor 3, Strike 3, Rapid Fire, and a Panzer VI Tiger 1 is Armor 10 Strike 10, Slow Turret, Heavy Armor.

My general thinking it to keep Strike and Armor low-ish compared to WW 2 tanks. So Baeliog and Paerydyn might have heavy-ish armor, but that is compared to other tractors.

Baeliog has a turret. Paerydyn needs higher Strike dice. There is an Iron Fist feature that makes shots much more effective, and Tank Destroyer makes it easier to aim. I think +1 to Strike dice would do it.

When I get home, I need to compare profiles. Are Chyweethl and Ailthean small enough to get Small feature? Are Coftyran tractors low enough to get Low Profile? I'll check those when I get home.

There are Fast and Slow features. If the Krryst Gwaeyr is Fast, maybe the Baeliog and Paerydyn should be Slow, and the rest all default? Or are they any slower than the Ailthean and Chyweethl.

I see Slow Reload on all the tractors except the Kryst ones. If that is significant, I could apply that as well.

Anything else make some tractors stand out?

I'm (sorta) patiently awaiting the new releases. I hope to add an additional of some of the current tractors at the same time, spurred on by What a Tanker!

So even if you don't know What a Tanker, thoughts on what distinguishes some of the different known Tractors?

andy
andyskinner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are first attempts at Crusader and Coftryan tractors:
Name Strike Armor Feature
Baeliog 5 5 Slow, Slow Turret
Ailthean 4 4
Paerydan 6 5 No Turret, Slow, Low Profile
Chyweethl 4 4 No Turret, Low Profile

I have not tried to come up with points.

Oh, one more thing. In standard rules, you roll for permanent damage, 1-4 is hull (affects movement), 5-6 is turret (affects shooting).
For Baeliog and Ailthean, I'd say 1-3 be movement hits, 4-6 turret, though I'm tempted to make 1-2 be movement hits on Baeliog.

I'd love some input.

andy
andyskinner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle report, though not a lot of details:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RFrpF6EsqzWNjJBCA

andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Quar Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: