ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Survival Guide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nurgledeathmonkey

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Survival Guide Reply with quote

Just finished Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide and loved it. Very very awesome. Definately a must read for any lover of the undead. Had a preview of World War Z as well, which I am now looking forward to. Anyone read it?

Rally 'round the family..... with a pocket full of Quar....
Lowtardog

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Survival Guide Reply with quote

nurgledeathmonkey wrote:
Just finished Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide and loved it. Very very awesome. Definately a must read for any lover of the undead. Had a preview of World War Z as well, which I am now looking forward to. Anyone read it?

I have read it a while ago, I liked it a lot it takes you almost documentary wise across the world, explaining how it spread, was fought and brought under control (no surprise or spoiler otherwise the rationale is it wouldnt have been written)

One guy interviews various people across the world and the scenarios pour of the page....I could say more but I woud spoil it. Apparently it is being made into a movie Very Happy
usernamesareannoying

Location: port richey, florida, somewhere in the heart of Fidwog

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

world war z was sweet. that book could be made into several different movies just from all of the different interviews.

definitely worth reading.
Eldorf_Dragonsbane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copy of both the Survival guide and WWZ. The survival guide is a nice read but, it is a little inaccurate on some of the info Max put in it. One example is your ammo load out should be more then what he has listed for both on the move and at home. You should have more then 500 rounds for your home, and you can easily carry a good 300 rounds of ammo if you are using an AR or an AK (thats only 10 30-rd mags), if your main weapon (rifle) is chambered in a pistol caliber (Hi-Point Carbines for example, even though the mags are only 10 round mags) then you can carry more ammo since both your side arm and your rifle use the same ammo.

Overall the Survival Guide is a nice book, and it is a nice little guide for preparing for any disaster, the suggestions listed for the bug-out-bags and other stuff is a solid suggestion.

Now both my copy of the Survival Guide and WWZ have been read probably a good couple hundred times each by me (and yes I am being serious, I have read them both from cover to cover over 100 times each, matter of fact I just finished WWZ and am starting to read it again).

Username- they actually have a movie based on WWZ in the works, iirc Brad Pitts production company won the rights to it. I also believe its slated to come out in 2010 or 2011.
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldorf_Dragonsbane wrote:

Now both my copy of the Survival Guide and WWZ have been read probably a good couple hundred times each by me (and yes I am being serious, I have read them both from cover to cover over 100 times each, matter of fact I just finished WWZ and am starting to read it again).

So, um, I read Starship Troopers twice a year, and have since I was 13 or so, which makes around 40 times, and I thought I was bad.

You sir, are a bit crazy.
Armydillo978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read Sword of Shannara 14 times, does that count for anything?

Max Brook's books always reminded me of that game we played decades ago, "Aftermath" by FGU. Rocking game, but we had more of a "Damnation Alley" or "Mad Max" theme than zombies, with a troupe of killer clowns out of Texas as re-accuring villians.

Not counting the Russian invasion of Alaska, and the dreaded Spetsnaz Colonel who haunted our days and nights.

Ahhhh, good times, good times.

"Sometimes you roll the dice and come up with craps."
Eldorf_Dragonsbane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeadZombie- The only reason I have read them both so many times is that they are the only books I have in my truck and when I am at work I grab one of them on my way in just to read when we are slow. I am planning on getting some of Permuted Presses zombie books (Twilight of the Dead, Plague of the Dead, Undead: A Zombie Anthology, etc...) and will probably throw those in my truck too for when I am at work.
Lowtardog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldorf_Dragonsbane wrote:
HeadZombie- The only reason I have read them both so many times is that they are the only books I have in my truck and when I am at work I grab one of them on my way in just to read when we are slow. I am planning on getting some of Permuted Presses zombie books (Twilight of the Dead, Plague of the Dead, Undead: A Zombie Anthology, etc...) and will probably throw those in my truck too for when I am at work.

THey are OK, a series worth reading are the Reign of the Dead Trilogy, reads like a script for a movie.

for a difference Autumn series by Moody are good, the zombies dont eat flesh but the horror is all the more for that. I beleive that will be a film this year too but set in Canada rather than the UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Horror All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: