ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just about to dive in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldwall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamchipper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Just about to dive in Reply with quote

So I grabbed the PDF, been really liking what I've read and the overall look and feel of the game but I have a couple of big questions before hitting the checkout button.

1) 3/4 races have skirmish packs, why not the Kuld?
2) To start out with, is a skirmish pack all you need to get some dice rolling quickly?
3) Are all skirmish packs created equal? meaning, that if I pit one against the other the game will be balanced?
3) Stones, what do most people do for stones? In the tutorial video they use cards which I cant find available -- its simple enough to make something but I'm curious to what others have done (or if I missed the buy stones link, please feel free to point that out)

Thanks
paint monkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Just about to dive in Reply with quote

Let me see if I can clear somethings up for you.

dreamchipper wrote:
1) 3/4 races have skirmish packs, why not the Kuld?

Next page - http://www.zombiesmith.com/collections/kuld?page=2

Quote:
2) To start out with, is a skirmish pack all you need to get some dice rolling quickly?

Unfortunately, no, it is not enough for Shieldwall.

We had the miniatures available for sale while we were finishing up the rules. The skirmish packs were designed to allow people to get a few of the figures to check them out or use in other systems. Shieldwall requires at least 20 figures a side for a playable game.
You could try with the skirmish packs, but you wouldn't really get a feel for the unit on unit aspects that make the game different.

Quote:
3) Are all skirmish packs created equal? meaning, that if I pit one against the other the game will be balanced?

Again, they were designed to get the minis out into the wild. We just grabbed a smattering of each faction's available miniatures.

Quote:
4) Stones, what do most people do for stones? In the tutorial video they use cards which I cant find available -- its simple enough to make something but I'm curious to what others have done (or if I missed the buy stones link, please feel free to point that out)

Those cards from the video are included with the hardcopy of the rulebook. When you place your next order, let me know and I will include a set. (that goes for anyone interested, when placing an order for War of Ashes miniatures)

I hope that helped. Sorry the figure count is higher than you expected. We were designing a mass combat game first. We have a skirmish version in the works, which hopefully will be ready next summer.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

questions? me too! ask away...
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could also put the cards/stones up as a pdf. Let me do that sometime this week!
tberry7403

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headzombie wrote:
I could also put the cards/stones up as a pdf. Let me do that sometime this week!

Made my own "stones" with MS Word, (at least its good for something

Smile ), but I wouldn't mind seeing some "official" cards.

Tim
dreamchipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply
Quote:
Next page - http://www.zombiesmith.com/collections/kuld?page=2

doh! sorry
Quote:
Shieldwall requires at least 20 figures a side for a playable game.

I see full four banner armies listed for 100$, is there a 1 banner (guessing thats a 20 figures?) combo of packages I should be looking at? My wife and I are most interested in the Jaarl and Elvorix. Sorry for the newb questions, oddly enough this will be our first miniature game (apart from maybe X-Wing) and I'm probably missing something regarding what is required for what.
Quote:
Those cards from the video are included with the hardcopy of the rulebook. When you place your next order, let me know and I will include a set. (that goes for anyone interested, when placing an order for War of Ashes miniatures)

That would be awesome! thanks!

Last edited by dreamchipper on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
paint monkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, that is what I am here for.

If those are the two armies you are interested in I would start with the following.

For the Jaarl - http://www.zombiesmith.com/products/jaarl-roccio-sword-and-shield

For the Elvorix you will need two packs -
http://www.zombiesmith.com/products/elvorix-linebucks
and
http://www.zombiesmith.com/products/elvorix-spearbucks

That will give each of you one banner. That should play alright until you decide to expand. In fact it is pretty close to the demo I run at shows.

dreamchipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the Jaarl - http://www.zombiesmith.com/products/jaarl-roccio-sword-and-shield

Is that two packs of the Jaarl for 16 units? or just one pack (8 units)
paint monkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just one pack.

We haven't updated it yet it should read 9 Roccio and 1 Rigenti. That is one banner's worth of Jaarl madness.

dreamchipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it!

Thanks for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldwall All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: