ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War of Ashes: High Seas!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldwall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElectricPaladin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: War of Ashes: High Seas! Reply with quote

Here’s a thought - I wonder who agrees with me. I bet that a naval combat game set in the War of Ashes universe would be really neat. It would be fun to see the “grimsy” aesthetic applied to sailing vessels, and I bet the Zombiesmith team could churn out some tight, fun, fast-paced naval combat rules.

I can also imagine how the most of the factions would work…

• Elvorix: The best ships in terms of mobility (ie. the lowest turning radius), the skill of the sailors, and some really great artillery, but otherwise average.

• Vidaar: Decent ships in terms of speed, slightly less good at mobility (but not bad either), and good artillery, but a little more of a focus on boarding. Somewhat more durable then Elvorix, since the ships are designed to survive long enough to make landfall (rather than trying to hang back and hit the other ships with catapults and ballistae). Also, probably some decent anti-infantry artillery in the form of crude catapults launching stinky cheese.

• Jaarl: Really good artillery on really durable ships, but super slow and clumsy. I bet the gamba and ilk can swim and could be sent out to attack other ships.

• Ki-kak: Their unsophisticated ships and lack of artillery makes them a boarding faction (ie. the most powerful thing on a Ki-kak ship are the Ki-kak boarders, and the ships are designed to get them to where they can do the most harm), with the exception of ships full of blowpipe-wielding ko-kari and ko-kari-ki, who could decimate enemy crew (and set them up for the boarding assault!).

I’m still stuck on how you’d model the Atronians and the Kuld, though… Perhaps the Atronians in this game could work as you describe them working in Shieldwall: a couple of elite Atronian ships that you could add to other fleets. And the Kuld… I just don’t know.

Either way, I think this game could be incredibly neat. For what it’s worth, I think you should make it. I’d definitely buy it, in any case!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldwall All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: