ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spacecow's Shieldbash Gubbins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldbash
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceCowSmith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Spacecow's Shieldbash Gubbins Reply with quote

Hi!

Well after being tempted mightily for quite some time, I've taken the plunge and ordered myself some Shieldbash miniatures in the form of a decent sized warband of True Atronians thanks to Zombiesmiths most excellent summer sale alongside the Shieldbash rules in PDF format and am excitedly awaiting the arrival of my miniatures so I can get cracking with some painting!

In the meantime, I am going to have a bit of a peruse through the rules and see if I can't get a bit of inspiration in preparation.

Hopefully once the figures have arrived, I will be able to crack on with some painting and get some pictures and what not to liven things up a bit. I will be posting my progress here and over on my blog:

http://somewhereontheborder.blogspot.co.uk/

All the best!
SpaceCowSmith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

My package of True Atronians arrived yesterday and I managed to get the first one painted last night:

I still need to do one or two bits and bobs to get her completed such as tarting up the base a bit with some static grass and ferns but I am rather pleased with how she turned out and the miniature itself was a pleasure to paint too!

All the best!
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!

Looking good.
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!

Is that device on her shield the one from the Zelda games?

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
SpaceCowSmith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Thanks for the comments folks! I've really enjoyed painting up the Atronians and speaking of which, here's another Hurscaree, this time with an axe!

I am slowly working through the warband at my usual snails pace but they are such lovely little miniatures, I feel its worth spending a little bit of extra time on each of them.

Here's another shot of the first Hurscaree alongside the new addition. I've also finished off her base a bit and am more pleased with her now I've reworked her eyes a little bit...

Apologies for the slightly blurry picture! Autofocus isn't wanting to work on my camera this evening!

All the best!
Talarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!!! Very Happy
ajbartman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Love the little details.
SpaceCowSmith

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's taken me six months but I've finally got another addition to my True Atronian warband in the form of a Kanid!

Here's a quick shot of the three figures I have finished at the moment and hopefully I will be able to add some more finished figures soon. I've reworked the bases a little and am thinking of adding some more lush vegetation as it's still looking a little too arid for my liking.

I am aiming to paint up at least one figure a week until I have the warband completed and am now contemplating adding some opponents for them to fight against!

Looking through my collection, it's looking like I might have mislaid a sprue of weapons and shields so am going to have to do a bit of converting but it should be fun to get my True Atronians finished off.

All the best!
SpaceCowSmith

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I've managed to get a Glaive Guard added to my force and am quite liking how the warband is starting to come together!

Hopefully I will have another few bits and bobs to add in the coming week!

All the best!
SpaceCowSmith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Here's a quick pic of progress thus far with a new addition in the form of a Virian Sister to the warband:

I really enjoyed painting her as she's got buckets of character! Hopefully I will be adding to the force soon with one or two more figures...

All the best!
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! The eyes on the Virian Sister really give her a kind of crazed, berserk look. Also nice freehand in her and the Glaive Guard's tabards.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love em all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> War of Ashes: Shieldbash All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: