ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quar Chain of Command: Attack and Counterattack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyskinner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Quar Chain of Command: Attack and Counterattack Reply with quote

EDIT:
I decided that a bunch of words and a bunch of pictures don't go together well to make a battle report. Here is another version, made with Comic Life 3.

https://goo.gl/photos/3QQeCPTryLPCK14d8

What do you think? Is it better? We need to take pictures with this in mind.

We're getting ready for our next battle, before my son starts his job. (Boy I hope he moves back to our area!) It will be the 7th Scenario for Chain of Command, published in one of the TFL Specials. Both sides will be attacking an objective on the other side, while defending their own objective.

We may have gone overboard on the cover this time. Here are pictures of the terrain:
https://goo.gl/photos/R7QXTqv2P9pBb9198

This scenario has a lot of support points, so we should be able to use a bit more variety. We found tractors to be too much for a force that isn't prepared for them, so I hope both sides have tractors this time, and other things that can deal with them.

Edit: the battle is here:
https://goo.gl/photos/Q64z4mCX9hAfPZhBA

I'll add a new post below, so people don't miss it.

andy

Last edited by andyskinner on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That board looks great!
andyskinner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son has reasons for the two bridges. He says the land is on the border between two noble families, each who wanted their own bridge where they could charge a toll. Most Quar go through the woods and cross where it is a shallow stream.

Notice the waterfall into the lake area.

andy
andyskinner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added two pictures of the miller enjoying a swim in the lake.

andy
andyskinner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played the battle. Here are the pictures (including another picture of the miller in the water):
https://goo.gl/photos/Q64z4mCX9hAfPZhBA

Here is a quick summary. I may give more details later, but may need to check with Nathaniel on those details. Remember that I have backwards painted armies, with Crusaders in blue and Coftyrans in green. It comes from us buying two sets of Crusaders when that's all there were, and I painted mine blue and he painted his red. I'm not going to repaint them, but I do feel a need to explain to people so they know what they are looking at.

I was the Coftyrans, and had:
is-Caerten
Cook (medical orderly)
3 squads of rhyflers, each 2 teams led by a Yawdryl
(one team of each had an LMG)
1 HMG team with Yawdryl
1 Field gun team with Yawdryl
1 Chyweethl

Nathiel played the Crusaders and had:
is-Caerten
Adjutant
3 squads of rhyflers, each 2 teams led by a Yawdryl
(one team of each had 3 Ryshi and a Bogen)
1 LMG team
1 mortar team (who will be getting a pay raise and/or a medal)
1 Baeliog
entrenchments for 2 teams
Cook (medical orderly)

We each had 4 jump-off points. Mine were red, his blue. There are a couple of pictures of them, and I think they are all visible in different pictures. One of each jump-off point, the one in the back, was the objective each of us had to attack. So we had to both attack their objective and protect ours.

Nathaneil brought out his mortar team, which started laying smoke just past the bridge on my right, preparing to attack. I think the next roll was three 6s and a couple other numbers, which ended the first turn and removed the smoke. Since I had two activations, I thought I'd take a chance moving across the bridge, so I deployed a squad near it. Dumb, because I forgot about the jump-off point just past the hill. I got caught in the open and got shot up and spent the game pinned. He started bringing his Baeliog up on that side, so I deployed the field gun to start taking shots. I missed.

Nathaniel's mortar fired smoke the whole game, and only once missed hitting exactly where he wanted. I never got off another shot with the field gun.

On the other side, I started moving up a squad through the woods. Nathaniel had a jump-off there, and protected it by bringing a squad out there and putting it on overwatch. I think he started shooting into the woods as I got there. We shot back and forth, but the only thing I remember is my yawdryl was wounded. So I sent the cook up that side, and he healed him.

Nathaniel had plenty of smoke on my right protecting the bridge, so brought up the squad that had shot up my guys who were trying to cross the bridge. They shot them up some more.

His squad in the craters made a break for my jump-off point nearest to the objective on my side. That would have been terrific, but he'd forgotten my jump-off point in the woods. I brought out my heavy machine gun, and it was brutal. The good thing for him was that I didn't bring it out near my objective, and it was sorta side-lined now. Later I brought out another squad to defend the objective and again fired at him in the open. As he lost his attacking squad, it did him a lot of damage in morale points.

His mortar kept raining down smoke in places to protect his guys. Can you bring smoke down exactly on your guys?

I got a team onto his jump-off point in the crater, but he brought out his last squad and shot them up, so I never was able to make him lose it.

His squad attacking on my right did a close assault on the remainder of my pinned squad and killed the rest of them. His Baeliog moved up a bit, and I remembered my Chyweethl. I brought it up, survived a phase (he missed) and got off a shot at the Baeliog. His armor saved him. When he fired back, he killed my tractor, and my morale went to 0 (and beyond!).

Our morale had been suffering on both sides the whole way. He was winning in general, except for his attacking squad which got mowed down. But I rolled better than he did on the morale table.

Fun game. We _might_ want to lower armor on the tractors, or just find a way to get more shots. My HMG was a small threat to the Baeliog. The field gun was a bit more so, and the Chyweethl had 5 AP dice to his 6 armor. That should be enough to finish it off, if you haven't got smoke in front of you the whole time.

Fun game. If you have questions, let me know.

andy
andyskinner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through Google Photos, it seems that it has decided a lot of my pictures are Miniature Golf. And some Epic 40K pictures are Legos.

andy
andyskinner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided that a bunch of words and a bunch of pictures don't go together well to make a battle report. Here is another version, made with Comic Life 3.

https://goo.gl/photos/3QQeCPTryLPCK14d8

What do you think? Is it better? We need to take pictures with this in mind.

andy
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think its a little more fun and readable this way. Very Quar.
andyskinner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly hoping to make them more appealing to read.

I'd like to put a sample picture onto the places I post this, but when Google Photos gives you a link, it is not to JPG, but a generic link, so I don't think I can embed the picture at TMP, etc.

andy
andyskinner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just learned how to embed images from Google Photos. Let's try it here.

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/R7DO0S4GNTyResEsZFHl0n8mrTwZwfB1C_7A6k7dKri3faAkFOjcAXjAyHNFGseq0-Kha8sf6nD0yEaYO1tBUHZeg9CCA1UwTbMAngHsY6QOj5V_4lfJk3Npz0BzcSaY1RVskJ-3Ap-ehJTEMjiosDvr4M8NKYjsJW2ps27LlxWWSg0S9fx6Ipt-RtY9XOTbPo3cfjVRxQpWveLZMTBCzCvtZNRnEmwftrYC0cgfIK749GHKhYvbJSEywmgBRv7DmhJwcymBKsxXTiecdYiqDBpooeq6CyOAbJGOojGLwBGmElGWfFOZLsn3cgS7z_XM9YoUr4PIMKvL3UaooZL7Ypq9o5AIxkMRejvKh2J1-esYqZpRP0Hger89srtldwIpsPvyMjBnDgvr4uZ20q8I-cib66aZJyWO22hPTFNO0OT37po2TJOfZvxBJoH1PYKZrCUMJ2KHn66i6fpd8zCleEqGyzRytKgAW1_DWflK4Hbp49jgoZAZ5bs0T_FZWt5mtu4ZoA4gX_orPUZRY4pkSftvU6-Ao9gZ1cIi-CKnsQDSK3eZz_QRCeJLuw7tIR07xNbW=w636-h823-no-tmp.jpg[/img]

Hmmm. It worked on TMP.

What about this?

[img]https://goo.gl/photos/iARG6212wD4vRxn5A?.jpg[/img]

That one didn't work on TMP, either.

andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Quar Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: