ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very Quiet on the Quar Front

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowtardog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Very Quiet on the Quar Front Reply with quote

Hello all, been a while since I have been on the group, it all seems very quiet. What is everyone up to relating in particular Quar.

have finally been tinkering with Chain of Command rules, taking huge liberties with Andy Skinners lists he produced. Trying them out in a couple of weeks

For Alykinder
Very Happy Laughing
andyskinner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, so what have you been doing with the lists? Did you reach different conclusions on the specifics, or try a completely different approach? I know someone (may even have been you) was using early war lists and just assigning each Quar army to a WWII army.

My son moved to Charlotte for a while, and now is in Maryland, so our games have fallen off. To be honest, what I'd like to do is keep the Patrol phase, command dice, emphases on leaders and suppression (with shock), and have a much simpler system for the actual implementation. CoC seems to have specific rules for so many things. I'm sure it is more realistic, but as I'm not simulating what happened in WWII, I'd be happy to abstract a bit and have a more common system.

I've been asking for 15mm figures that would provide a few more support options, like observers, Coftyran snipers, engineers, etc.

andy
Lowtardog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyskinner wrote:
Hey, so what have you been doing with the lists? Did you reach different conclusions on the specifics, or try a completely different approach? I know someone (may even have been you) was using early war lists and just assigning each Quar army to a WWII army.

My son moved to Charlotte for a while, and now is in Maryland, so our games have fallen off. To be honest, what I'd like to do is keep the Patrol phase, command dice, emphases on leaders and suppression (with shock), and have a much simpler system for the actual implementation. CoC seems to have specific rules for so many things. I'm sure it is more realistic, but as I'm not simulating what happened in WWII, I'd be happy to abstract a bit and have a more common system.

I've been asking for 15mm figures that would provide a few more support options, like observers, Coftyran snipers, engineers, etc.

andy

Hi Andy, I used yours as a template, in all senses of the word. I however built them to the TQW order for a company and had a play around with the CoC calculator .

It was tweaked for my models as only have Crusader official vehicles however I used the WW1 rules with a couple of additions from Spanish Civil war for rules around cooks etc.

For anti Armour I used the WW1 rules for armour piercing so LMG/MMG/HMG and Ryshi all have that capacity.

PM me your e-mail and will send it through Smile

It isn't perfect and hasn`t been played as yet.

What I have done is break down to bare bones for the Company so LMG and Mortars are now support table only .
andyskinner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat. I went back and forth for a long time whether the Company or the Section (in Crusader and Coftyran terms) was the right level. The high number of figures in the Spanish Civil War armies did make me wonder whether I should have gone up higher.

Any battles fought?

andy
Lowtardog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet Andy, I have a game planned for a Week next Tuesday, a lot more of the guys play chain of command at the local club so now easier to get a game going
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Quar Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: