ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cook vs Faedyg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrinkDuffLight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Cook vs Faedyg Reply with quote

So, im a little confused as to why anyone would ever use a cook over a Faedyg. They have the same Q4, C2 and 44pts, but one has a bogen and the faedyg rule and the other has cook, pistol......the cook is worse for the same points.
DrinkDuffLight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the issue is the cook should only be 26 points IF the cook SR is the same as the Medic lvl1....which would be kinda odd because the cook is on a Q5 roll and a Faedyg is on a Q4......????????
Hamilcar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be correct. There seem to be a number of point dependencies for the Songs models in both Songs source books. Maybe Anthony and the gang will review them and give us a FAQ with adjusted numbers Wink
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Oops.

The cook has two pigs. A single pig can be used to reroll an attempt or both pigs used to automatically succeed the attempt.
DrinkDuffLight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok neat pigs sound fun. Also the points i did them up on the calculator thing and that is what i came up with was i correct that the points of a cook (with pistol) is lower then the medic, due to there equipment.
SierraKiloBravo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that I've ever tried using a cook or a medic. Couldn't make the points work I guess.
Black Sword

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, the Cook is just cool. Hey, Quar gotta eat!
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrinkDuffLight wrote:
Ok neat pigs sound fun. Also the points i did them up on the calculator thing and that is what i came up with was i correct that the points of a cook (with pistol) is lower then the medic, due to there equipment.

Except the cook gets the two pigs. In an average game of SOA the medic skill doesn't have a lot of opportunity to be used, things move too fast. We figured the ability to reroll or to guarantee a success you need, as well as using the pigs as cover made it roughly equal to a normal medic. Somehow we dropped this from the book!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: