ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blood Bowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Other figures we like...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orkdung

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Blood Bowl Reply with quote

Picked up the Blood Bowl online game last week!
Anyone play? If so I highly recommend the computer game!
Folks have been bitching on the forums about bugs, but Ive seen none so far.
The game is programmed rather shabbily, lots of drop charts and back arrows, aside from that the game itself is just like 5.0 Blood Bowl and a blast to play!

Come join in the fun!

Last edited by Orkdung on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link?
SierraKiloBravo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting the 360 version when it drops in September. Sadly, my current home computing solutions are, well, "wanting."
colneher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here ... PC is 8 years old ... waiting until this fall when the new machines come standard with Windows 7!!! Cool
mjungledog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pick it up for the 360. My laptop is a bit too long in the tooth...

At sunrise we all dance the hempen jig, so raise up your pint of rum and take another swig. The curse of Captain Rengrave has led us to this fate, so have no fear and don't look back, the afterlife awaits!
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only there were a mac version... I hate booting windows on my mac. I may give it a try.

Are you playing it turn-based? I am curious about the real-time.
SierraKiloBravo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headzombie wrote:
If only there were a mac version... I hate booting windows on my mac. I may give it a try.

Are you playing it turn-based? I am curious about the real-time.

From everything I've heard, the real-time is terrible. Someone compared it to trying to tell a bunch of chickens what to do, and then cutting their heads off and letting them run about. However, the turn-based mode tends to be spot on to the current ruleset.

Of course, this is all hearsay as I haven't played it yet.
Orkdung

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont play real time. Only Turn Based. Im a big into Blood Bowl and love playing it table top, so I wouldnt insult the game by attempting to play it Real Time.

SierraKiloBravo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orkdung wrote:
I wont play real time. Only Turn Based. Im a big into Blood Bowl and love playing it table top, so I wouldnt insult the game by attempting to play it Real Time.

I don't know who you are, but I like the cut of your jib.
mjungledog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, here!!

At sunrise we all dance the hempen jig, so raise up your pint of rum and take another swig. The curse of Captain Rengrave has led us to this fate, so have no fear and don't look back, the afterlife awaits!
colneher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing Blood Bowl back in the version one (PRE miniatures) days, so I was stoked when I read of it coming out as a video game!!! Looking through the web site last night, I see it's coming out for the XBOX360 ... often leary of exports from PC to console, can any of you PC players hint at what you think might be LOST? Real time would be like playing Madden, but cannot imagine it as BB NEVER stops ... not like in plays like our football ...

curious ...

Rolling Eyes
Orkdung

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing lost in the game, just need a strong computer.
And the drop down menus are a bit annoying (there are lots of them on the league page, though not in game), aside from that game is great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Other figures we like... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: