ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orks

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Other figures we like...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
headzombie
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Jun 2007
Posts: 5001
Location: The Smithy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Orks Reply with quote

Not into 40k but this is awesome!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/megadread.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
paint monkey



Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 1603
Location: Oaktown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, modified GorkaMorka??

Anthony
like him and I have nothing better to do Rolling Eyes
_________________
anthony@zombiesmith.com

questions? me too! ask away...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trencher



Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 476
Location: Somewhere in a Tokish garrison town...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice on the pic, like most of their stuff.
However the casting quality of FW products is notorious as it varies from "very good" to "dump me in the trash can". And before buying their expensive resin kits, I'd rather invest my money into scratchbuilding.
_________________
TANK POLO? God, how our gardener hated that game!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf 359



Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 253
Location: East Texas Wastelands

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very nice piece of work. Looks just like something the Royalists would make to keep the serfs in line.

_________________
Advance the hobby...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lowtardog



Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 682

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleverly built but imagine having to paint all them little bits Shocked
_________________
The soldiers of Kryst have two famous euphemisms: The sun was in his eyes and delayed by contrary weather. These phrases spend quite a bit of time in each other's company
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf 359



Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 253
Location: East Texas Wastelands

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowtardog wrote:
Cleverly built but imagine having to paint all them little bits Shocked


Have you ever put one of their kits together? Tremendous detail, but the resin they use makes the smaller parts a bit more flexible than I'd like. The end result is worth it, but it's frustrating.
_________________
Advance the hobby...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lowtardog



Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 682

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven`t Wolf and this model would frighten the living daylights out of me as I am not the best modeller Embarassed
_________________
The soldiers of Kryst have two famous euphemisms: The sun was in his eyes and delayed by contrary weather. These phrases spend quite a bit of time in each other's company
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
laughing ferret



Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from forgeworld, this seems like it could have some use for Quar

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/heavymort.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Orkdung



Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 3678
Location: Fidwog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the old Thud guns, or the now Forgeworld Quad Launchers for my Quar when using them as IG.

.
_________________
Tokish prisoner to Constable Edgyr Nikklys on the Fidwog border in Year 8 of the Crusade, after being taken along the frontier "Is the war nearly over you think?"
to which Edgyr replied "It's over for you anyway"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord_Nephron



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Location: Fort Wayne, IN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would def make the green skins cheer and the opposing force think twice.
So far not done a resin kit, just remember resin from other projects as being soft and scratching easily.
All this does is give ideas, and ideas can be dangerous things
_________________
That which is not explicitly forbidden will probably be done by me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf 359



Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 253
Location: East Texas Wastelands

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowtardog wrote:
I haven`t Wolf and this model would frighten the living daylights out of me as I am not the best modeller Embarassed


I'm not, either. Better player than painter, but I do like throwing things together for effect. This is probably why you never see me posting images of my figures.
However, I may have to change that, as I am working on terrainm and a seriously large Quar airship.
I still prefer buying models outright, if I can.

_________________
Advance the hobby...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
headzombie
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Jun 2007
Posts: 5001
Location: The Smithy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf 359 wrote:
Lowtardog wrote:
I haven`t Wolf and this model would frighten the living daylights out of me as I am not the best modeller Embarassed


I'm not, either. Better player than painter, but I do like throwing things together for effect. This is probably why you never see me posting images of my figures.
However, I may have to change that, as I am working on terrainm and a seriously large Quar airship.
I still prefer buying models outright, if I can.



You drop that and then give no WIP shots? Pish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wolf 359



Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 253
Location: East Texas Wastelands

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headzombie wrote:
Wolf 359 wrote:
Lowtardog wrote:
I haven`t Wolf and this model would frighten the living daylights out of me as I am not the best modeller Embarassed


I'm not, either. Better player than painter, but I do like throwing things together for effect. This is probably why you never see me posting images of my figures.
However, I may have to change that, as I am working on terrainm and a seriously large Quar airship.
I still prefer buying models outright, if I can.



You drop that and then give no WIP shots? Pish.


It'll be worth the wait.
_________________
Advance the hobby...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Black Sword



Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 535
Location: Berkeley (work)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read about guys that get the sink full of warm water so they can "fix" their bent FW kits prior to assembly.... I haven't bought much from them, but I've been annoyed by the HUGE gates and pock-marked surfaces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf 359



Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 253
Location: East Texas Wastelands

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Sword wrote:
I've read about guys that get the sink full of warm water so they can "fix" their bent FW kits prior to assembly.... I haven't bought much from them, but I've been annoyed by the HUGE gates and pock-marked surfaces.


That's how I used to fix all of my vinyl kits I built back in the day. I got ahold of a Necron Pylon, and I only had to heat up and straighten one of the central fins, thankfully. The gates are big, but I haven't had the pocked-surface problem so far. Still, it's enough to make me hesitant to fork over that kind of money for their products.
_________________
Advance the hobby...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Other figures we like... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group