ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twm's (painfully slow) Quar Paint Log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I changed the thread topic since I figured it's easier to post all of my Quar in one place.

With that, I cranked out my first Sandstalker last night, and I'm not quite sure whether I want to keep him as-is or not, so I thought I'd show you guys shots of the first mini and see what you think:

I'm pleased with everything but the rifle. I liked the idea of a brass-colored rifle with a much lighter colored stock (especially because I think of a lot of desert wood being that greyish-white or cream color), but I'm not too sure about the final product. I also wanted to avoid basic brown for the stock since there's already a lot of brown on the figure. It might also be that the dark red wrappings on his gun are too much, and I should change that to a lighter beige. Anyways, thought I'd see what you fellas think.

Just before the Sandstalker I painted up one of my snipers for the Crusaders, too, here he is:

Nothin' too fancy, but he was a fun mini to paint.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."

Last edited by Crusader Twm on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Lachlan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIce painting - though I agree; swap the colours on the rifle (stock with wrapping)
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, finished up a few more.

The Sandstalker Yawdryl and another Rhyfler are up first:

I ended up sticking with the same color scheme as before on the guns - not sure what it is but it grew on me so I'll be going with that for the last 3 rhyflers too, I guess.

Then a break from the Krysters for some militia:

The Yawdryl is just a minor conversion - his saber comes from a Mordheim mercenary sprue. Same goes for the highwayquar's knife, and his pistol is the one that originally belongs to Yawdryl Gan.

I may have gone a bit overboard with the stripes ... Laughing

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."

Last edited by Crusader Twm on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
v_lazy_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work! I especially like the sabre conversion...
Orkdung

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top notch Quar!

Lachlan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripes say pirate to me! Very Happy
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lachlan wrote:

Haha yes! On the stripey-pantsed one in particular I was shooting for something between "piratey" and "just walked off the quar-equivalent of a golf course" (surely they play some sort of game involving smacking a ball around a big green field with a stick?).

I think it worked.

Lowtardog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crusader Twm wrote:
Lachlan wrote:

Haha yes! On the stripey-pantsed one in particular I was shooting for something between "piratey" and "just walked off the quar-equivalent of a golf course" (surely they play some sort of game involving smacking a ball around a big green field with a stick?).

I think it worked.

Very nice, smugglers are the thing
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last two villagers and then I'm on to wrap up my Sandstalkers:

On the left is the town's deacon (his old purple vestments repurposed into a cloak) and on the right is the banker. The pinstripes on the banker's suit are pretty rough-looking, but at least under natural light to the human eye they seem a little smoother. Cursed camera for bringing out my faults!

Last edited by Crusader Twm on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Komorigumo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twm - just outstanding! You've got an extremely inspiring thread here, thank you for sharing and continuing to update.
austothehun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good new stuff! Very Happy
Lachlan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pin-striped suit!! Shocked

That idea I'm going to have to steal!! Very Happy
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since my last update, but here's the first of the cavalry rhyflers:

The lighting's not great on the photo, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the color scheme. Took me a while, so I'm not sure when I'll get the next one done (I might try to finish up the Krysters first).

Last edited by Crusader Twm on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the green - the secret is getting the scheme done - then you can batch paint! Smile
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I suspected, I got distracted and wrapped up the Sandstalkers that I had left rather than keep plugging away with the cav. Cav are (probably) next on my list, though! If it's not them it'll be the 6 Coftyrans I grabbed along with their sniper and sharpshooter.

Anyone know why I've been unable to post images to the thread? I'd like to be able to update the thread with the images (instead of just links) so they're more accessible. Could it be that I'm using photobucket?

Last edited by Crusader Twm on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: