ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twm's (painfully slow) Quar Paint Log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lachlan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics - I use photobucket as well and don't have a problem...

Make sure you are using the 'Img' button at the front of the pic address and at the end - perhaps?
paint monkey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote my post and it will show you how. You had extra characters.

A

questions? me too! ask away...
Lowtardog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooH THEY ARE VERY NICE
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks paintmonkey!

Updated the thread with pics, just of the fully painted stuff.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
bandit86

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job
Lachlan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still love the pin strip suit the best! Smile
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yeah, pin stripes is one of my favorites too. I was pretty pleased with how well that turned out!

The partisans are a lot of fun since you don't feel any need for uniformity throughout the unit, I'm looking forward to adding some more to their numbers. Got a few other quar projects in mind that I'd like to tackle first, though.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
maccioniath

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The partisans are probably my favorite (as a group) of all the Quar sculpts so far. The Krysters are pretty snazzy too, though, and could likely double as partisans in their own right... yours all look great. Now you just need to dress one out in tweed! Smile
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maccioniath wrote:
Now you just need to dress one out in tweed! Smile

Ever since you posted that I've been thinking about how to get a good tweed effect. Don't have any more partisans so I guess I don't have to cross that bridge just yet, but I'm convinced to paint up a tweed'ed partisan now.

Anyways, found a spare moment to paint up one of those pesky Coftyrans that's been sitting on my shelf, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the way he turned out! I might not get to the rest of the squad until December when the quarter's over, but at least I've got them started. Hmm, I can see a few spots in the photo where the blue highlights on his jacket are a little "spotty" - I'll have to go back and do some touch-ups.

And a quick "Quar of all Nations" shot of my groups so far:

Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bulk of my work for the quarter is done, just a bit of studying for finals and one paper to write, so I can finally divert some attention back to painting!

Very nearly finished with the remaining 3 Coftyran harlech Rhyflers, so check this space in the next few days for an update on that squad. After I wrap them up it's the Yawdryl and Cryfen Rhyfler, then probably Coftyran sniper and Sharpshooter to round them out before I finally get back and hammer out the last few Crusaders. Then who knows, maybe my early Christmas present to myself will have arrived and I'll be able to tackle my Fidwog project...

Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, as promised here are at least some of the Coftyran Rhyflers, all Harlechs:

Still have some school work, so it'll probably be at least a week until I get to the Yawdryl and Cryfen Rhyfler. Until then, enjoy!

Lowtardog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you`re still at school...I seriously hate you now you talented bugger Wink
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowtardog wrote:
And you`re still at school...I seriously hate you now you talented bugger Wink

Haha, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Lotsa work for little pay and appreciation, and even less time to paint quar!

Anyways, with that said, I shirked my responsibilities yesterday and painted up the Coftyran yawdryl and cryfen rhyfler:

Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all 3 cavalry that I have so far are finally painted up, here they are:

And as a little treat for the holidays, here's a preview of what I've got cooking up next:

That's the WIP Fidwog yawdryl. Obviously theres still a lot of work to be done, and I haven't even figured out for certain how I'm gong to do either the helmet or the gun. The front apron/flap thingy was a colossal pain since there's nothing behind the GS backing it up, so every time I try to work with it, it just folds back between his legs. For future Fidwoggers, I think I'll sculpt the lower flaps on the greatcoat first and, once dried, attach attach them. Anyways, it's going to be a fun project but I imagine they'll be a lot of work, and since I'll be travelling for about the next two weeks I'll have to continue work on these guys in January when I get back.

Also, naturally being much too tall to be true Fidwoggers, these guys will be a squad from Achon that has crossed over and joined the Fidwog cause, which seems plausible given the close(ish) relations between those two nations.[/img]

Lachlan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the grey cadier! Kep up the great work. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: