ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twm's (painfully slow) Quar Paint Log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lachlan wrote:
I love the grey cadier! Kep up the great work. Smile

Thanks Lachlan! I was pretty happy with the grey cadier myself.

Catching a flight home for the holidays later this evening and I'll be taking some quar in tow, so don't expect any updates for the next two weeks but when I get back I'll have a handful of projects underway (not least of which will be the aforementioned Fidwoggers!).

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
The Yak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to personally thank you for passing on the Quar Bug!

My life feels somewhat complete now (although I think this may do some serious damage to my social life and wallet).

Looking forward to seeing what you serve up next Very Happy
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Yak! Good to see you in this corner of the net.

Here are some tractor crew. Even though the models belong to either the Crusade or Coftyr, I painted them up in faction-neutral colors so that they can serve anyone if need be.

Looking at those images, it appears I could do a bit of touch-up on the left and center Crusaders' goggles.

I have a second set of the Crusader tractor crew as well, so I converted the Milwer Bachen figure to be carrying a bogen and with a couple of grenades strapped to his back. That way when playing "stranded tractor crew" teams I can run him as a standard Crusader Yawdryl to lead the team, since they are otherwise lacking a leader-figure with decent Quality rating when out of their tractors.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
maccioniath

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked

I LOVE them! What's your recipe?
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maccioniath wrote:
Shocked Shocked

I LOVE them! What's your recipe?

Thanks!

For the most part it's all Citadel paints, since that's what I have, although I've slowly been replacing those with bottles of Vallejo and Reaper. Anyways, any of the paint names I'm going to use in the following breakdown are Citadel colors.

The orange jumpsuits start with a basecoat of Vermin Brown, followed by a drybrush of ~ 1:1 Vermin Brown to Blazing Orange, and finally a highlight of ~ 1:2 Vermin Brown to Blazing Orange. I pretty much just mix the paint on my palette until it gets to the color I want, though, so those ratios are guesses.

Everything else on the models is pretty straightforward 2-step highlighting, although the jacket on the first Coftyr crewman is a bit trickier. I wanted to get the same color as a pair of reddish fakey leather boots my wife has, and started with Scorched Brown. From there I think I mixed Red Gore with Scorched Brown (or Bestial Brown), and just did one highlight. Couldn't tell you for sure, though, sorry Embarassed

Also, the rusty metal parts (oil can, Crusaders' helmets, and maybe one of the Coftyran's helmets?) are a heavy drybrush of Tin Bitz followed by a lighter drybrush of Boltgun Metal, which I've found to be a very easy way to get a pretty good dirty/rusty metal effect.

Last edited by Crusader Twm on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look fantastic - I love the Vermin brown! I've been using it to base coat my militia to give them a unifying colour. Smile
The Yak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! More Quality Quar (QQ)

A great group of lads and once again painted superbly.

Looking forward to seeing the Tank Yawdryl conversion sounds cool.

Bogen + Anything = Cool

Keep up the great work.

Cheers Very Happy
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yak wrote:
Looking forward to seeing the Tank Yawdryl conversion sounds cool.

Bogen + Anything = Cool

Keep up the great work.

Thanks!

I'll try to remember to snap a shot of the Tanker Yawdryl when I get home this afternoon so you can see what he looks like.

Although I realized a bit too late that giving him the Bogen kind of ties him down as a Crusader, and maybe I should have given him a more generic-looking SMG. Oh well!

Lachlan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw off the barrel and insert a short piece of tubing - that should do the trick! Very Happy
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snapped these a while ago and totally forgot to post them, here's that tanker Yawdryl:

and detail of the converted bits:

Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At long last - I've painted another!

Crusader Caerten:

The jacket came out just the shade I was aiming for, so I'm pretty pleased with that. It's what I had originally tried to pull off with the cavalry, although I don't think I'll go back to repaint them since it might be nice to a distinct scheme for their uniforms.

Hopefully more quar will be joining him soon!

Talarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Caerten! I *love* the illustration this miniature is based on. You've done an excellent job. Very Happy

Last edited by Talarius on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Just noticed that some red from his scarf found it's way onto his jacket collar, gotta go back and fix that up. This is why I have to photograph my minis - I'll never catch stuff like that if I don't!

Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'bout time I posted these guys. I finished them over a month ago but have just been slow to update the plog.

I also just painted up my first 15mm quar, here's a shot of him next to his 25mm counterpart:

The green in the 15mm yawdryl's jacket has maybe a bit too much grey in it, I think I could go for a slightly more yellowish green. We'll see what happens.

Orkdung

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love your Rhyfler and pipe! Been envious since you switched your avatar!

Just a dwarf pipe from Warhammer?

All top notch love the Fiddies as well!

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: