ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle Reports (8/4) - "The Cruel Desert"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Battle Reports (8/4) - "The Cruel Desert" Reply with quote

Nick and I had a few games up at Gamescape last Sunday, which I wrote up on my fledgling nerdy blog:

link

We played the crashed kite scenario out of "Spats and Pedrails", and then a follow-up scenario which we invented.

Here are photos of a few highlights:

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
Beetledigger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bases and the tractors camouflage matches the terrain! I love it when that happens. It makes you game look amazing.
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - total accident about the bases and table matching, but then I guess my basing is pretty generic so it was bound to happen sometime!

Nick's camo on the tractor is awesome, I'm thinking of doing something similar for my Kryst tractor too. Looks great for desert terrain.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
weeble1000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love those trees!

Can you give a quick description of how they were made?

It is hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like some sort of wire bundle wrapped in tape, but what are the branches and leaves made out of?

I have embarked on an effort to make trees, and am looking for a simple DIY solution. So far have not been able to get just what I want, but those trees are exactly the kind of thing I am looking for!
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weeble1000 wrote:
I really love those trees!

Can you give a quick description of how they were made?

Nick could probably give you better detail, since they're part of the terrain set at his store, but when I asked him the same question he said that they were from another regular at the store that donated some terrain.

Apparently, they're made from fake decorative plants (like you might get at a Michaels or Hobby Lobby, or something like that). They look like they'd be some kind of fall seasonal thing, so now might be a good time to look. I guess he basically clipped the twigs with the tiny dried leaves and just wrapped them up in paper to make the trunk, which was probably coated in something and then painted white with spots. Base 'em and you're done!

weeble1000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it!

http://modelrailroader.ca/autumn-trees/

Success! Thanks though. The linked tutorial is not exactly the method he used, but its pretty darn close, and I can improvise from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: