ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New member to the forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skullsplitter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: New member to the forum Reply with quote

Greetings, I'm a new member here. I love the Quar, and all the background material. I've purchased PDFs of the three rulebooks, but now I'm trying to figure out which figures to purchase. My budget for gaming is fairly small, hence SOA. I like the fact that I don't need to purchase hordes of figures to play. Any suggestions as to which troops to purchase first? I'm thinking Crusaders because they are useful adversaries.
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd always suggest whichever figures or faction you find most compelling from both a background and aesthetic point of view - if you like the models or identify with one force over the others, that's the way to start!

From a gameplay perspective, I personally like either Crusaders or Fidwog as one force, and then Kryst/Partisans/Coftyr as the other, because it showcases the dichotomy between a shorter-range force with greater mobility (on account of their semi-auto weapons, allowing a move-and-shoot action) and a longer-range but less mobile force.

Since Fidwog and Coftyr are thematically allies, at least at this point in the Long War, they wouldn't be my first choice as opposing forces, but Fidwoggers could easily face off against Partisans or Kryst. Of course, I'm sure you could come up with an excuse for Fidwog and Coftyr to trade blows, too, if those are the models that you like.

Sorry, not all that helpful, since it's basically a lot of rambling that boils down to "get what appeals to you the most."

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
skullsplitter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted by all the figures *sigh*. Damn this lead addiction!
headzombie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skullpslitter, we are here to happily support your addiction!

All of the factions play a little differently so if I knew your play style I could direct you a little. If not, I would go for look!

Your best bet would be a starter set for SOA, found here:

http://www.zombiesmith.com/products/songs-of-our-ancestors

Or, you know, one of each set... Wink
bandit86

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the world of Quar!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: