ZombieSmith Forum Index ZombieSmith

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle Report (7/24) - Chance Meeting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Battle Report (7/24) - Chance Meeting Reply with quote

A 2 vs. 2 game:

A Fidwogger Caerten and his entourage chance upon a small Crusader reconnaissance force, supported by local scouts, at the outskirts of a village.

(Hamilcar & Fish in control of the Fidwoggers, SKB running the Crusaders with me in command of the partisans)

Sorry for the funny angles and perspectives, photos taken on my phone.

The initial deployment - hills and buildings block the view to any enemies:

The Fidwog second team, carrying the Caerten's banner, quickly moved up the central hill and took positions next to a rock outcropping, while the Partisans moved along the cleft between hills, using trees for cover where possible:

The Fidwoggers respond by firing down the canyon, leaving the lead Partisan Shaken and the one behind him taken out of the fight:

Meanwhile the Crusaders climb the hill to meet the Fidwoggers, while the Caerten and his command team (obscured by the trees) continue forward:

Fidwoggers positioned at the edge of a building, firing on the Partisans, try in vain to finish off the Shaken rhyfler, who miraculously rolled a 6 against every attempt to take him out! (Dice bought at Salute were rolling well/need to be examined... Razz ):

On the other side of the hill, the Caerten and his quar move forward into position to flank the Crusaders:

At the same time, however, the Crusaders successfully gun down the Fidwog standard:

A Fidwog heavy responded with Bensa fire, successfully taking down the Crusader's Yawdryl and scoring a gory death on a second rhyfler, scattering some of the Crusader and Partisan forces and giving the other Fidwoggers an opening to close in on the flank:

The Fidwogger's lead Rhyfler is shaken by fire from a cavalryquar, and the Partisan kit opportunistically charges in but still loses the combat and is Shaken:

Meanwhile the Partisan's sniper takes out another Fidwog Rhyfler, causing several to fall back:

Across the hill the Fidwoggers successfully kill the foolhardy kit that charged their fallen comrade, much to the horror of the Crusader cavalry who was nearby:

The cavalryquar charges forward in a rage, successfully taking down a Fidwog Rhyfler:

While the Partisan's shotgunner presses the attack against the demoralized Fidwoggers at his end of the field:

The Ptn. 7n takes one Rhyfler down, and a Crusader descends the hill and takes out another, putting the remaining Fidwoggers to flight:

Results: Well, the Crusader/Partisan alliance only suffered a total of 4 (maybe 5?) casualties, so clearly won on that front, however by the "letter of the scenario", which we came up with on the fly beforehand (to get as many rhyflers as possible off the opposing table edge), well then technically the Fidwoggers won since one of them had made it far enough that he fled off of our table edge Very Happy

At the very least, he escaped to tell the tale!

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
SierraKiloBravo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had mission goals?? Oof! I thought I was just killing the stunties in Alykinder's name.
Crusader Twm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SierraKiloBravo wrote:
I thought I was just killing the stunties in Alykinder's name.

Well naturally, that's pretty much a standing objective. Goes without saying, really.

"I suppose I have mixed feelings about seeing cute edentates engaged in trench warfare."
the fish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all I can say is they had the height advantage.
Hamilcar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sold my dice into slavery... hard labor in the mines!!! BWAAA Ha Ha!
I hope my other dice take that to heart when my Fidwog face you dogs again!
maccioniath

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 'wogger espousing slavery... typical Royalist. Wink

Seriously though, looks like a great game. Color me green.
sotek486

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the table was too large ... Fidwogers are wasted on sprinting ... but very dangerous over short distances Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZombieSmith Forum Index -> Songs of Our Ancestors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: